Friday, March 8, 2013

Crossing my fingers.

That's what I've been doing a lot lately. Riker and I talk a LOT about what the future holds for us. We have plans and we have goals to laid out to make those plans reality. Sometimes though...I am impatient. I mean, why can't I have a puppy right now, be able to work from home, and have a calf in my kitchen?

Allow me to elaborate. For those that have known me for quite some time, you will know that one of my heroes is The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I have always wanted her life. Now that I have my own Marlboro Man, that seems like a dream is coming true! I am a strict follower of her blog and wish to channel her in my day to day life. No, I'm not joking. She is fabulous. And despite my avid....uh,obsession... I have yet to win anything from her. Which is sad to me but then I see pictures and read stories like this one and my heart melts and I feel better.

For those who have no clue about anything to do with ranching, lots and lots of calves were born the last month or so! Which means that every day on our way to work and on our way home, there are calves EVERYWHERE. I. LOVE. THEM. It is beyond my ability with words to be able to explain my love for them. They are darling. Going back to Pioneer Woman's story, I beg Riker every. single. freaking. day. to let me steal a calf and let it live with us. His answer is always no. Whatever. He insists that some day I will have more than my fair share of calves traipsing through my house when they can't make it on their own. And then he remembers I have no patience and rolls his eyes when I give him my best pathetic work. (Which apparently sucks and I need to get a new one.)

Since we can't get a puppy yet and he's morally opposed to stealing for his wife (psh. some husband.) I dragged him on a walk to take pictures of the calves. Because I can and because it was the first time I'd been able to convince him that I needed to see them up close and personal and smell the manure. Which probably disgusts a lot of you but you can deal with it!

Check out these cuties!

Babies!

My Favorite Man.

My Favorite Baby. Look at that pink nose!!! I can't help but make baby talk noises every time I even think about him.

He's shy.

I love their noses. I can't help it! I'm Chelsea. I'm disgusting! (Who can name what show that  is off of?)

This baby wouldn't get his face out from behind that dang piece of grass. Every time I moved, he moved. Turd. But a cute turd. 

Momma and baby! Look at those adorable noses. 

Those eyelashes. I've died. 

This momma did NOT like me near the babies. She may have ran at me. 

Best. Friends.
Well, there you have it. Now you know my sick obsession. But you can't help but want to just love them. I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted out taking pictures because it turns out we came right before feeding time and the cows were pretty insistent we needed to feed them. Riker was embarrassed that they were crowding the fence and making so much noise. Or maybe it was because I was mooing back. Either way we went home.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Um, YES I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR OBSESSION WITH CALVES. The baby cow kind, not the part-of-your-leg kind, of course.

    They are probably the cutest things I have ever seen.

    2. You really need to read "These Is My Words" -- It's another Pioneer Woman-type story. I think it's my favorite book now.

    3. I love your blog style-change! Cute chevron and darling colors.

    ReplyDelete